Benevento, the capital of Sannio, is a rich and fascinating place that arouses amazement and admiration for the richness of its archaeological heritage, for the nobility of its palaces and for the beauty of its churches. Even just walking through the alleys and squares of its historic center you can immerse yourself in an atmosphere steeped in mystery, where every little detail tells of the historical events that, over the centuries, are intertwined in legend.
We propose an itinerary to be carried out on foot, in this fascinating scenario, putting human and nature's health first.
The excursion includes a visit to the major monuments of the city, in an evocative journey through time between ancient and modern, to discover the stories, legends and anecdotes that have earned Benevento the reputation of "city of witches". The main stages:
- Rocca dei Rettorei and gardens
- Church of Santa Sofia
- Hortus conclusus
- Arch of Trajan
- Archaeological area of the Sacramento arch,
- Roman Theater (External)
Cost of the tour: starting from € 12.00 per person.
The cost may vary depending on the number of participants.
- Duration: about 2 hours
- Available times: morning or afternoon, to be agreed
- Meeting point: Church of Santa Sofia
- Available every day from Monday to Sunday
- Tour in Italian
- Includes: local tour guide
- Along the way it is possible to taste local products. Any tastings are optional and excluded from the requested rate
- The dips can be customized
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the tour
To protect your health, participation in the tour will be open, exclusively by reservation, to individuals, couples, families up to a maximum number allowed by the security protocols in force, for the whole year 2020.
In case of cancellation of the tour due to problems related to the covid-19 emergency, it will be possible to take advantage of a voucher on any other date of 2020 or 2021.
For info and reservations: https://www.terrediviaggieterritorio.it/contatti/