For those who still do not know, the Holiday Bonus, the measure with which the government has chosen to support holiday stays in our country, has been extended until December 2021. The provision was included in the milleproroghe decree signed at the end of February. This is a non-repayable grant up to a maximum of 500 euros to be used for stays in hotels, campsites, tourist villages, farmhouses and bed & breakfasts in Italy. The 2021 holiday bonus will expire, therefore the 31/12/2021 instead of at the end of June as required by the first extension. The new deadline, however, refers only to use: it is not possible, in fact, to request it if it has not been done by 31/12/2020.

Families with an ISEE of up to 40,000 euros were able to obtain the “Holiday Bonus”. The bonus amounts vary according to the size of the family unit:

  • 500 euros for a nucleus consisting of three or more people
  • 300 euros for two people
  • 150 euros from one person

The holiday bonus can be used by only one member of the family unit, even different from the person who requested it, it can be spent in a single solution, at a single tourist accommodation facility in Italy, and is usable to the extent of 80 %, in the form of an immediate discount and the remaining 20% ​​can be downloaded as a tax deduction.

If you have the bonus, you can still use it at the "Terre di... Viaggi e Territorio" agency to enjoy the holiday you want.